SERBIAN REVIEW OF EUROPEAN STUDIES LAUNCHED
Тhe Institute for European Studies (IES) in Belgrade has established a new academic journal for European studies – Serbian Review of European Studies (SRES).
SRES is an interdisciplinary, peer reviewed journal, with the main goal to publish scientific papers on the topic of European studies, thus reflecting the long-term research orientation of the Institute of European Studies. SRES also aims to promote debate and provide a venue for empirical and theoretical analysis on European integration.
SRES covers a wide range of topics that contribute to a deeper understanding of the European integration process. We welcome submissions from a variety of disciplinary or multidisciplinary perspectives, ranging from political science, law, sociology to public administration, political economy, media studies and cultural studies. The journal is published three times per year in Serbian and English languages. It is open for quality articles in the following categories: original/research and review papers, book reviews, critiques and notes of scientific interest. All contributions will undergo double blind peer-review before being accepted for publication, and the publication process is free of charge for the authors.
Serbian Review of European Studies addresses various aspects of European integration. We invite new empirical and theoretical research that considers the democratic legitimacy of the integration process, the dynamic nature of the European Union, the evolution, functioning, and impacts of EU institutions and policies, the EU’s role as a global actor, the EU membership negotiation process with the focus on the experience of the Republic of Serbia, and other topics.
In particular papers are invited on any of the following thematic areas:
– European integration in times of crisis;
– Current changes in the processes of European Integration;
– Important aspects of organizing and functioning of the European Union (EU’s political and legal system);
– Public policies of the European Union (i.e., economic and monetary union, or foreign and security policy);
– Historical and current transition processes in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe;
– Narratives of European integration;
– The current problems related to fundamental rights, the rule of law and democracy in the European Union;
– European integration and globalization;
– Digital transformation in the European Union (towards a digital European integration?);
– The impact of new and legacy media on the formation of political membership;
– Issues of regional development and cultural identities.
Serbian Review for European Studies has an international Publishing Council and Editorial Board.
- Dr Gladden Pappin, Associate Professor, Constantin College of Liberal Arts, University of Dallas, United States of America
- Dr Gordana Đerić, Principal Research Fellow, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
- Dr James Kerr-Lindsay, Visiting Professor, London School of Economics – LSEE, United Kingdom
- Dr Maja Kovačević, Associate Professor, Faculty of political Sciences, University of Belgrade
- Dr Miša Đurković, Principal Research Fellow, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
- Dr Nataša Mrvić Petrović, Principal Research Fellow, Institute of Comparative Law, Belgrade
- Dr Slobodan Samardžić, Full-time Professor, Faculty of political Sciences, University of Belgrade
- Dr Bojan Kovačević, Associate Professor, Faculty of political Sciences, University of Belgrade
- Dr Dunja Duić, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Osijek, Croatia
- Dr Jelena Žarković, Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade
- Dr Justyna Pierzyńska, Lecturer, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Dr Mária Žuffová, Postdoc Associate, European University Institute, Florence, Italy
- Dr Michal Vít, Assistant Professor, Metropolitan University, Prague
- Dr Sanja Ivić, Senior Research Associate, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
- Dr Uroš Ćemalović, Research Associate, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
- Dr Milan Igrutinović, Research Associate, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
- Dr Irina Milutinović, Senior Research Associate, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
- Petar Ćurčić, Research Trainee, Institute of European Studies, Belgrade
Serbian Review of European Studies (SRES)
Institute of European Studies, Nikola Pašić Square 11, 11000 Belgrade
The deadline for submissions is June 15th, 2022, and November 15th, 2022. Further questions should be addressed to the editors: